The law firm Advokatfirmaet Flod AS has been active since 1945 when the then chief litigator Harald Strøm set up the legal practice and later entered into cooperation with lawyer/litigator Arne Flod.
For many years the practice was run from the offices in Møllergaten 43. After Harald Strøm retired, Arne Flod continued running the practice on the same premises. In 1983 his son, lawyer/litigator Per Arne Flod, became partner and the company name was changed to the law firm Flod & Flod ANS.
After some years residing in the building of Den Norske Amerikalinje (Norwegian-America Line) in the Jernbanetorget square, the firm moved to Rosenkrantzgt. 11 and later to Bygdøy Alle 11, where the firm resides also today.
The premises is located very centrally in Bygdøy Allè which is located at Frogner in Oslo
In an initiative to modernise the organisational structure and adapt to the demands and responsibilities of the present times, the company was organised as a private limited company in 2004 and it is now called Advokatfirmaet Flod AS.
The senior partner in the law firm today is Mr. Per A. Flod, who has been a lawyer since 1979.